Monday, January 03, 2011

Stupid Cold

Okay, so my stupid cold that I got while flying home from West Yellowstone somehow blossomed into a month long lingering cold. Finally broke down and went to the doctor and he decided it was a bacterial infection so now I'm on antibiotics. Good news is that they seem to be working. I look forward to having good health again (and not scaring other skiers by constantly hacking and blowing snot while skiing).

Still with the impending weather doom (by which I mean rain and warm weather) I got in a nice week long block of skiing in an attempt to regain my lost fitness. Is it weird to go from a doctor's appointment to skiing at Blue Mounds?

Went "up north" for New Year's Weekend where it also was warm and rainy. Sad news everywhere really. Minocqua Winter Park didn't fare too well but ABR had enough base that they survived the rain. (I mention this because I know that is what people really care about and not what I've been doing with my time).

And yes I partied very hard on New Year's Eve. My good friend Isabel turned one year old and we had an excellent party. Truth be told she almost made it until midnight while the rest of us barely made it. For the record that did make me feel a little old.

And I would also like to say that I went all holiday weekend without once getting out my skate skis. I have now taken to telling Dave "these conditions are made for striding" . . . of course I say that no matter the conditions.

Less than 2 weeks until the Seeley Classic . . . . that is frightening to consider!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home